One Sky, One Destiny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Their relationship in future games?

3 posters

Go down

Their relationship in future games? Empty Their relationship in future games?

Post by VirgilTheart Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:06 pm

Where do you see these two heading in their relationship in the future games?

BBS Spoilers
Spoiler:
VirgilTheart
VirgilTheart
Admin
Admin

Location : Inside The Realm Of Darkness, Plotting My Hostile Takeover

https://onesky-onedestiny.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Their relationship in future games? Empty Re: Their relationship in future games?

Post by Absent Axel Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:19 am

Spoiler:
Absent Axel
Absent Axel
Heartless

Back to top Go down

Their relationship in future games? Empty Re: Their relationship in future games?

Post by WantaSoraplushie Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:17 am

Spoiler:
WantaSoraplushie
WantaSoraplushie
Junior Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by VirgilTheart Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:04 am

^ That's probably true, Wanta. Just hope it doesn't turn out, or come across as a rehash of her part in KH2. Their relationship in future games? 632251
VirgilTheart
VirgilTheart
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WantaSoraplushie Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:15 am

Kairi is a useful character. She could play so many different parts now that she has a keyblade. I don't think that they will pass over that opportunity.
WantaSoraplushie
WantaSoraplushie
Junior Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by VirgilTheart Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:21 pm

WantaSoraplushie wrote:Kairi is a useful character. She could play so many different parts now that she has a keyblade. I don't think that they will pass over that opportunity.

Actually, I have to disagree with you on this; Kairi has the potential to be a useful character. Wink And a keyblade =/= useful character. Their relationship in future games? 632251 That said, she'll inevitably get one in the future.

For Kairi as a character, I want to see her act more as the emotional support for Sora and Riku, sorta like Winry does for Ed and Al in Fullmetal Alchemist. Wink That said, as a Keybearer, I want Kairi to be light-based in her tactics. Wink
VirgilTheart
VirgilTheart
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WantaSoraplushie Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:07 pm

As a writer, I would be ashamed of Nomura if he didn't use Kairi to her full potential.
WantaSoraplushie
WantaSoraplushie
Junior Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by VirgilTheart Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:39 pm

I agree whole-heartedly. Their relationship in future games? 51851 The thing that bothers me though is the assumption some have that having a keyblade automatically means instant character improvement. Their relationship in future games? 632251 I mean, look at Xion! Keyblades don't add much to a character, and heck, some of the best characters in the series lack a keyblade (Braig and Axel for example)
VirgilTheart
VirgilTheart
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WantaSoraplushie Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

I agree 100%, however, try telling that to the Kairi haters. What an unfathomable lot. However, now that Kairi has a keyblade, she might as well use it.
WantaSoraplushie
WantaSoraplushie
Junior Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by VirgilTheart Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:41 pm

WantaSoraplushie wrote:I agree 100%, however, try telling that to the Kairi haters. What an unfathomable lot. However, now that Kairi has a keyblade, she might as well use it.

Actually, it was the Kairi Haters that got me thinking more like this. Some will always hate Kairi, but others are more open to the idea of Kairi becoming a better character in future games. If anything, I'd say the people with the naive train of thought are a small minority of the Kairi fandom. Their relationship in future games? 420820 And technically she doesn't have the keyblade, it was Riku's after all, but she does have the potential to wield one in the future. Wink
VirgilTheart
VirgilTheart
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WantaSoraplushie Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:00 pm

VirgilTheart wrote: And technically she doesn't have the keyblade, it was Riku's after all, but she does have the potential to wield one in the future. Wink

Frankly, I'm starting do disagree with that train of thought. It seems to me to be something that KHI thought up on it's own, and decided was canon. After all, it wasn't a coincidence that the Keyblade Riku gave Kairi was the Aqua's. I think that Keyblade really is hers, even though it came to her by unusual means. Until someone shows me the press release that proves that theory wrong, along with the one about families not being relevant, because it's really starting to seem like Riku is related to Master Xehanort, I'm sticking by it. ... not to be confrontational or anything. If you disagree with me, that's fine.
WantaSoraplushie
WantaSoraplushie
Junior Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by VirgilTheart Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:48 pm

WantaSoraplushie wrote:
VirgilTheart wrote: And technically she doesn't have the keyblade, it was Riku's after all, but she does have the potential to wield one in the future. Wink

Frankly, I'm starting do disagree with that train of thought. It seems to me to be something that KHI thought up on it's own, and decided was canon. After all, it wasn't a coincidence that the Keyblade Riku gave Kairi was the Aqua's. I think that Keyblade really is hers, even though it came to her by unusual means. Until someone shows me the press release that proves that theory wrong, along with the one about families not being relevant, because it's really starting to seem like Riku is related to Master Xehanort, I'm sticking by it. ... not to be confrontational or anything. If you disagree with me, that's fine.

As I recall, Nomura stated that it was Riku's keyblade in the KH2 Ultimania, but I'd need to check. And really, for Aqua it was a keychain, not a keyblade. Yes, the weapon represents Kairi, but as for whether or not it's her weapon isn't definite yet. Their relationship in future games? 420820 As for Riku being related to Master Xehanort, I have to agree with you, but then again, a good number of fans thought Ven might've been Sora's older brother. Their relationship in future games? 420820 We'll just have to wait and see. Their relationship in future games? 51851
VirgilTheart
VirgilTheart
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WantaSoraplushie Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:05 pm

I think Riku being related to Master Xehanort would add so much depth to his character, but if you tried to mention that theory over at the KHInsider forums you would be jumped on and ripped to peices.

We're off topic!
WantaSoraplushie
WantaSoraplushie
Junior Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by VirgilTheart Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Meh, it depends on how they played it out, to be honest. Their relationship in future games? 420820

True! Anyways I'm hoping that we at least get much more from Kairi in the next arc, since it seems she probably won't play too big a role in the Xehanort Arc.
VirgilTheart
VirgilTheart
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WantaSoraplushie Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:05 pm

I wish there wasn't another arc, to tell you the truth. As absolutely awesome as Kingdom Hearts is, I would really rather it didn't get drawn out into an infinite series that never ends. I prefer my series with a dash of closure. (Of course, that will not stop me from following KH for as long as it goes Wink)
WantaSoraplushie
WantaSoraplushie
Junior Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by VirgilTheart Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:44 am

Nah, Nomura's said that there IS an ending to the series before. Part of me suspects the next arc will be the last one, but if not, it'll probably end with a third arc. Wink

Besides, I want to see Nomura go into the concept of corrupted light at some point. Their relationship in future games? 51851 Their relationship in future games? 54156
VirgilTheart
VirgilTheart
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WantaSoraplushie Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:16 am

I don't. Not really. It seems just as cliche as darkness as a a villain to me, and Kingdom Hearts can only take so many cliches. Rolling Eyes Wink
WantaSoraplushie
WantaSoraplushie
Junior Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum